Serving Size: 10
• Sift flour, baking powder, sugar & salt into medium mixing bowl. Rubbing between fingers or cutting with crossed knives or pastry cutter, work butter into dry ingredients until mixture forms consistency of cornmeal, with few larger lumps of butter left intact. Add half of cream & stir into dry ingredients with fork. Add remainder of cream, bit by bit, until mass forms that pulls cleanly away from bottom & sides of bowl. You may not use all of the cream.
• On lightly floured work space, quickly & lightly knead dough until smooth & cohesive. Gently roll out 1/2-inch thick. Cut out biscuits with 3-inch biscuit cutter or lightly floured juice glass. Gather leftover dough together, knead again briefly & roll out again. Cut remaining biscuits.
• Place biscuits on unbuttered baking sheet & bake at 400o until light-brown & slightly crusty, about 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from oven & cool slightly before splitting & serving.
• Cut strawberries in half & toss with sugar. Set aside 1/2 hour.
• Split each shortcake while still warm. Spoon plenty of strawberries over bottom of each shortcake, top with generous spoonful of whipped cream & set top half of shortcake on top.