Serving Size: 4 to 5
• In a heat proof bowl sprinkle the gelatin over the rum. Let stand for at least 10 minutes.
• Combine all dry ingredients together in a large bowl, incorporating by hand to ensure the sugar is
free of lumps.
• Mix the pumpkin puree and egg yolks together. Whisk in dry ingredients.
• Heat rum and gelatin over a water bath until gelatin is dissolved.
• Meanwhile, whisk heavy cream and vanilla in the bowl of a stand mixer until soft peaks are formed.
• Whisk rum mixture into pumpkin puree.
• Carefully fold whipped cream into pumpkin with a whisk, do not over mix or mousse will begin to
• Scoop with an ice cream scoop into serving glasses and garnish accordingly.
Author: Pastry Chef Erin Powell